Famous Photographer Ray Stevenson



Famous Photographer Ray Stevenson

Famous Photographer Ray Stevenson

Artists photographed the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Marc Bolan, David Bowie.

1966
While operating in skilled darkrooms for eccentric Russian / Australian, (Roman Kochalski), I heard a song on the radio by Buffy St. Marie that sparked my vocation. I photographed Buffy at the Marquee where he later met and fell in love with Sandy Denny. At Les Cousins ​​Club photographed Roy Harper, Bert Jansch, Ron Geesin and therefore on.

1967
I visited the Club UFO (UFO) by accident on a Friday night and felt very comfortable with the monsters there. There I left my long hair, smoked marijuana, but found no women defenders of "free love". So I took photos ... Jimi Hendrix, Marc Bolan, David Bowie, Fairport Convention, and so on.

1969
I heard the end of an era "Take this flower or Ill hit ya!" At the end of that year I crashed my car into a tree and not at all enjoyed a couple of months in bed.

1970
Uninspired, disillusioned, my cameras were stolen. The Glam-Rock had so little "substance" that I replaced my cameras. I chose to build a 34 foot boat in the backyard of my parents, and worked in the photography department of the BBC. (Now I like the Glam Rock).

1976
My brother Nils virtually co-managed the Sex Pistols. I took pictures first as a favor, and then as a pleasure (they had become a great live band!) And I became his publicist.

1978
Malcolm got money from EMI, Nils and I got the urge to Malcolm. We design and publish the draft Sex Pistols. It became The Archive of the Sex Pistols' after Malcolm tried to sue me for using the color yellow.

1980
I was in bed with a spinal injury (kids today do not know how bad TV really is).

1981
A good osteopath helped me walk again, so I got up and did a tour in the U.S. with Siouxsie and the Banshees.

1983
I published the book of Siouxsie and the Banshees

1984
I started working on "Photo Past".

1986
Sigue Sigue Sputnik (the best live band of 80) inspired my third book "Regeneration."

1987
I took my last professional photo ... Danielle Dax.

1988
Finally completed and published "Photo Past".
Decade of 1990
I turned the world looking for the perfect place to live, only to discover that there is.

1999
It publishes "Vacant" Nils's book and mine. The Exhibition of The Vacant set out in the K-Bar, Soho, London and then at the National Center for Pop Music in Sheffield, England. The sample from the National Portrait Gallery Faces of the century include a picture of Johnny Rotten.

2001
It seemed to be one of the most enjoyable years of my life and relaxed until the collapse presenciaé of the Twin Towers from the roof of the house of my friends in the East Street 11.

2002
My brother Nils dies of a heart attack. I met a girl at his funeral who I almost love.

2003
I discovered that the girl was a promiscuous liar. (Seems like I'm not so interested in "free love" after all). I am currently working on a documentary about my work.